The Hebridean Celtic Festival is looking for enthusiastic operators with the necessary experience to supply catering services during this year's event, Thursday 16th - Saturday 18th July 2020. Please read the information below and use the link to apply online. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This year's application process will end on Thursday 27th February 2020.
Information for caterers
The Hebridean Celtic Festival is a major international music festival, which takes place on the Isle of Lewis each July. The main festival site has a capacity of 5,000 people and comprises three stages in covered marquees on the Lews Castle Green in a stunning setting overlooking Stornoway harbour. We wish to offer those attending our evening concerts a good variety of high quality foods at reasonable prices, with an emphasis on locally sourced produce.
HebCelt is fully committed to protecting the environment and we are extremely proud of our award-winning green credentials. We insist that all caterers utilise 100% biodegradable / organic packaging (this will be verified before caterers are allowed on site). Our complete ban on single-use plastic has been in place since 2018. Fines will be imposed on vendors for non-compliance.
You are responsible for:
- Providing good quality food to customers, using local produce wherever possible;
- Keeping your unit open during the arena opening hours (as detailed below);
- Arranging public liability insurance for a minimum of £1,000,000;
- Ensuring that your staff have received appropriate food hygiene training;
- Ensuring that you comply with all fire safety regulations;
- Ensuring that all installations are operated safely;
- Using 100% biodegradable / organic packaging, disposing of litter from your pitch according to our recycling guidelines, and leaving the area tidy at the end of the festival;
- Ensuring that you do not serve drinks in plastic or glass bottles, though cans are permitted;
- Ensuring staff wear approved wristbands at all times.
HebCelt are responsible for:
- A pitch in a well-lit, convenient location, close to the main marquee and other facilities;
- Access to up to 5,000 customers over the course of the three days, approx. 6 pm to midnight on Thursday and 2pm to midnight on Friday / Saturday;
- Overnight security as a deterrent to theft and vandalism (though neither the Festival nor the security firm can be held responsible for any loss or damage);
- Vehicular access within a reasonable distance of your pitch (this will be determined by ground conditions);
- A power supply to your pitch, subject to your requirements being agreed in advance;
- Mains water free of charge.
For more information please read our full Terms and Conditions.
There will be a fixed price charge of £575 for each basic pitch. The size of a pitch is approximately 6m x 6m.
There is an additional charge (min. £100) for a power supply.
We are also able to offer a fully serviced pitch, including a 3m x 3m marquee, power supply, and lighting for an inclusive fee of £575.
If you require more space we will be pleased to quote a revised price.
Pitches will be allocated by 8th March.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Applications close Thursday 27th February 2020.